Thursday, February 28, 2013

Barn cam, Hen cam, and Goat cam, or, Additional Ways for Me to Procastinate

Everybody, stop what you are doing rightthissecond (unless it's something important, like open heart surgery or purchasing pizza rolls) and check out HenCam.com. I'll wait.

Hello again, and welcome back! I assume that it's been at least a half-hour and that you have experienced the phenomenon of missing time, because seriously, multiple hen cams? Plus a goat cam with inside AND great outdoors views? You had me at "Here's something Katie can do besides grading these last few freshman comp papers." Or "Hello," if you're Jerry Maguire, aka Tom Cruise before we all knew about the Scientology stuff and saw the couch-jumping and got kind of weird taste in our mouths and made That Face, like a collective "Are you sure this is 'regular' and not 'diet'?" pucker.

Mavis from OneHundredDollarsaMonth.com first alerted me to this ideal procrastination device. The first time I looked at the goat cam, the goat looked like s/he was trying to eat the cam, which struck me as very, well, goat-like behavior.

"What a delicious piece of technology!"
 
I can't decide what I dig more: this, or the hens struttin' their stuff.
 
 "What are you lookin' at, punk?"

Yours in not getting a substantive amount of work done this fine Thursday afternoon,
Katie

4 comments:

  1. I think you should strap a camera to the dogs head to get an idea of what they do all day. Mine are asleep. :o) I'd die of boredom. I seriously want chickens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would try if it weren't for the fact that chickens lose most "... vs. dog" battles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found my public service for procrastinators. Did you know that I know have a chick cam on 26 fuzz-butts? Grab a cup of coffee and waste some time :)
    -Terry at HenCam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Right when I was supposed to start grading 52 essays on modern drama, too! LOL

    ReplyDelete