Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Prudent Homemaker's Garden Tour

Two bouts of "Don't you know it's March?!" snow have kept me out of the garden for fear I'll compact all that heavy, wet clay soil I have with my giant clodhoppers. I'm having to get all my garden thrills vicariously (though hopefully next week's forecast of temperatures in the sixties will hold true and I'll be out there before you know it). One of my favorite sites to check out is the Prudent Homemaker's, and she just put up a virtual tour of her garden.


I'm amazed at what she has been able to accomplish in a backyard in gardening-unfriendly Nevada, with its hard, rocky soil and its punishingly low rainfall amounts.






Even more pictures, plus her gardening story (which includes fitting 34 fruit trees on a .24-acre lot!) can be found on her "Edible Landscaping" page. Enjoy, especially if, like me, Mother Nature is giving you fits and keeping you out of the dirt for longer than you'd like.


4 comments:

  1. 34 fruit trees on a 1/4 acre? That might be possible but is it wise? I wonder how many she'll have to take out once they starting growing wider. I'm DONE with the cold and wind. I want warmth! Wahhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are dwarf and semi-dwarf trees, and half of them are espaliered trees that grow flat on the wall.

      Delete
  2. Hi Katie, I popped over from Casa Mariposa. I like your style. Sue

    ReplyDelete